I've always found Jackie Onassis fascinating.



I don't think she was staggeringly beautiful. 
But I do think she was staggeringly fabulous.
And she had such a great sense of style, was so effortlessly chic, that she always seemed to be one of the most beautiful and intriguing of them all.

A couple of months ago I was in Capri, and my friend Aldo was showing me photos of himself with the former Mrs Kennedy when she would visit the island. Aldo made sandals for her, so I always get him to make me sandals too. I love thinking that she and I share a shoemaker. 

I actually wrote about Aldo Lella and his shoe store, Schettino Di Capri two summers ago - you can read it here. Buying Sandals In Capri

Anyway, I love looking at pictures of Jackie Onassis on the island of Capri. I always wonder if the sandals she has on were made for her by Aldo.
I love her white pants and black T shirt. I love her huge glasses.
I love her style.
I love the lifestyle she represents.
So much more interesting than Camelot, don't you think? 


Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri
Jackie Onassis arriving on Capri

Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri-with-Valentino
Jackie Onassis in Capri with Valentino

Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri

Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri

Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri

Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri


Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri-with-Gianni-Agnelli
Jackie Onassis on the island of Capri with Gianni Agnelli
Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri
Jackie Onassis sandal shopping in Capri


Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri


Jackie-Onassis-on-the-island-of-Capri
Jackie Onassis in Capri with sister Lee Radziwell

 
Top