I still get hundreds of hits per day on my blogpost about 
How to Take An Amazing Selfie.

So today I am updating the selfie story with some tips from Instagram queen and E! Host, Catt Sadler (@IAMCATTSADLER) as seen in Health Magazine.

While researching this I looked at most of her instagram feed (linked both above and at the bottom of this post) and now I am a little bit obsessed! Now I want to know what she's getting up to next, and what she's wearing while she's at it...

How to Look Ageless In A Selfie

1. Be Real
Say no to duck face. 
Catt says a beautiful shot of a barefaced woman is better, but looking through her Instagram selfies there are just so many gorgeous images with makeup on! So avoid duck face, but be your gorgeous self.

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie


2. Look Up
Catt is a fan of the high angle shot because it's much more flattering.
I say keep the camera slightly above eye level. If your curves are looking too curvy angle it higher and you will look both slimmer AND younger.

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie-Kim-Kardashian

3. Choose The Right Light
Natural daylight is ideal. Avoid light shining down from above you - it creates shadows all over your face and adds 10 years. Light should be coming directly at you, essentially at eye level.

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie

I only found Catt Sadler on Instagram via her bestie, Jacey Duprie @DAMSELINDIOR who is one of my absolute faves. I look at her Instagram most days, and get her blog, Damsel In Dior delivered to my email each day.

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie

Catt-Sadler-Instagram-Selfie

Check out Jacey on Instagram here @DAMSELINDIOR
Have a look at her blog here Damsel In Dior
Follow Catt Sadler on Instagram here @IAMCATTSADLER

All images via @IAMCATTSADLER instagram and @DAMSELINDIOR instagram
 
Top